About the EDBF website
We are continually trying to improve the EDBF website. Our main concern is that everybody should be able to access the information we deliver here, regardless of any way, shape or form that they access the Internet. If you have any comments or suggestions concerning the EDBF website, please contact the webmaster.
The list of things that have been done to make this website as accessible as possible:
- Standards compliance: this website uses valid XHTML 1.0 and valid CSS 2.01 according to W3C standards.
- All news articles can be read aloud without installing anything.
- Semantic markup is used as much as possible.
- The website layout is screenreaderfriendly.
- Different layouts are used for display on Screen, display on Handheld devices and for Printing.
- Descriptive alternatives for images and links.
- Metadata to identify language.
- We are trying to write meaningful page-, link- and image-titles.
- The website provides additional navigational links as well as keyboard navigation.
- Trying to use a good, contrast-rich colour-scheme.
- This website is still usable without CSS.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- Label (Contact-)Form elements. Main two contact forms are now labeled
- Different page for Handhelddevices
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key. All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Calendar
- Access key 3 - News Archive
- Access key 4 - Championship Results
- Access key 5 - Search
- Access key 9 - Contact Form
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
Testing of accessibility
This website is continually tested for accessibility using the Validators from the W3C, HiSoftware´s Web Content Accessibility validator, Vischeck´s Color Blindness tester, Access Keys Automated Accessibility tester, and the Functional Accessibility Evaluator from the University of Illinois.
If you are a person who uses special techniques to access this website, and you experience issues (for example: you can not access all information quickly and easily), please contact the technical webmaster immediately via email: stefan.jagerxs4all.nl.